Online advertising is becoming increasingly annoying, but many small publishers like Arseblog are highly dependent on it for the revenue it provides. The business model of creating content and giving it away for free is not a particularly great one, and because of ad-blockers and people’s growing disdain for ads, it’s becoming more difficult to make ends meet.
There is another way though, and that’s support from our readers and listeners. If you enjoy what we do and you’d also like access to exclusive podcasts and articles, then sign up as an Arseblog member via Patreon.
We don’t do clickbait, we don’t do pop-ups, pop-unders, auto-playing videos or 17 things you learned about that thing you never needed to learn anything about anyway.
What we do is create great quality writing and podcasts. We have a team of people who love to write and talk about the team they love. And if you get on board, we’ll love you too. I mean, we love you anyway, but we’d love you just a little bit more.
Does this mean you’re going behind a paywall?
No! Everything that we do already on Arseblog and Arseblog News remains free, the same as it always has been. The podcasts, the blogs, the news articles, match reports, stats, player ratings, columnists and everything else – 100% free.
But if you sign up to become an Arseblog member on Patreon you get a little bit more.
How much does it cost?
The minimum cost is just €5 per month + VAT if you’re in an EU country, otherwise there’s no VAT to pay. That works out at just £4.40 or around $6 (the amount on Patreon shows up in dollars as that’s the only currency they currently deal in).
That’s barely the cost of a pint, a couple of takeaway coffees, or two-thirds of what’s left of the Arsenal transfer budget after our January shenanigans 😉
If you feel like you want to contribute more, you can modify the amount before you sign up (see FAQ).
What do I get if I sign up?
You get podcasts and writing that won’t be available anywhere else. Including:
- My Arse – a chat with a well known Arsenal fans about their life and times as a Gooner.
- Interactive Arseblog & Gunnerblog phone in shows.
- History specials – such as our two-part podcast about the Invincible season.
- A monthly Arseblog long-read featuring great writers who will look at a particular aspect of the club, a time period, a player, an achievement etc. Something for you to really sink your teeth into.
- There’s also an exclusive monthly email for members, discounts on merchandise (when we get some), advance notice of tickets for live podcasts and events, and other things too – as soon as we think of them.
- You also get our love and thanks for being part of the Arseblog member community, and the knowledge that your contribution will help us do more, so you get more in the long-term.
Ok, I’m in! How do I do it?
It’s simple. Everything you need to know is in the FAQ below, and if you have a question that’s not included, or if something’s not clear, you can get in touch directly and we’ll sort it out as best we can.