We launched our Patreon in 2019, and since then the impact on Arseblog as a site has been incredible. It has allowed us to do much more, and to ensure that you as readers and listeners benefit to the max.
You already know what we do, and how we do it, but with your support, we’ve been able to:
- Invest in more in-depth coverage of every aspect of the club
- Grown our coverage of the Women’s team massively, which now has its own section on Arseblog News, a dedicated podcast, video content, and much more.
- Removed ALL advertising from Arseblog and Arseblog News, on desktop and mobile. We’ll soon remove ads from our mobile apps. It means a clean reading experience for all the blogs, columns and news stories.
- Connect with the community with live events, podcasts, and the like.
- Update the mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Pay it forward: In April 2022 we donated €35,000 to UNICEF to help children around the world who have endured the hardships of war, conflict, and illness. In April 2023, we donated €50,000 to the ArsenalVision fundraiser – benefitting the Arsenal Foundation and the work they do at the Za’atari refugee camp in Jordan, helping 80,000 men, women and children. The total raised was over €420,000.
Did this mean you went behind a paywall?
No! Everything that we did already on Arseblog and Arseblog News remained free, the same as it always was. The podcasts, the blogs, the news articles, match reports, stats, player ratings, columnists and everything else – 100% free.
But if you sign up to become an Arseblog member on Patreon you get even more.
How much does it cost?
The minimum cost is just $6 per month + VAT if you’re in an EU country, otherwise there’s no VAT to pay. That works out at just £5 or around €5.50 (the amount on Patreon shows up in dollars as that’s the only currency they currently deal in).
That’s barely the cost of a pint, a couple of takeaway coffees, or two-thirds of what’s left of the Arsenal transfer budget after our January shenanigans ?
If you feel like you want to contribute more, you can modify the amount before you sign up (see FAQ).
So, what do I get if I sign up?
You get content that won’t be available anywhere else. Including:
- Ad-free versions of the Arsecast and Arsecast Extra
- A preview podcast for each of our Premier League and European games.
- The 30 – during the season we do a weekly Premier League round-up podcast.
- Waffle – the podcast in which James and I talk about anything and everything except Arsenal, based on questions and prompts from Patreon members.
- Exclusive podcasts for every new signing we make, analysing the players, the deals, and more.
- Poorly Drawn Month – every month we put together a recap of what has happened with our good friend from Poorly Drawn Arsenal. Here’s an example of one.
- Access to our Discord – a chat server, with dozens of channels and a lovely part of the community.
- Free entry to our Fantasy Football league with cash prizes for the first three places, Arsenal shirts to give away, and the famous 4th place trophy.
- A free audio book version of Together – our book about the Invincible season.
- There’s also archive content, podcast specials, interviews with famous Arsenal fans and more that you get instant access to when you sign up.
- You also get our love and thanks for being part of the Arseblog Patreon community, and the knowledge that your contribution will help us do more, so you get more in the long-term.
Ok, I’m in! How do I do it?
It’s simple. Everything you need to know is in the FAQ below, and if you have a question that’s not included, or if something’s not clear, you can get in touch directly and we’ll sort it out as best we can.